- By Clay Rollyson
It has been a while since we have had the pleasure of demonstrating a new Travel CPAP, so we are excited. The Transcend Micro has all the features that you need from a Travel CPAP in an incredibly small package. This Travel CPAP will literally fit in the palm of your hand. It is just 0.5 lbs and is less than 4 inches wide and tall. This makes it about the size and shape of a baseball. Let’s take a deeper dive on this great new Travel CPAP.Continue reading...
Transcend Micro FeaturesThis new Travel CPAP isn’t just super small. It incorporates all of the comfort features that the other options have. That list starts with the comfortable and effective Auto CPAP algorithm. The auto algorithm adjusts to meet your needs in a very comfortable fashion. The Micro is compatible with any CPAP mask which is another great pro. Additionally, the AirRelief setting which is similar to EPR on ResMed or Flex on a Respironics CPAP. This makes exhalation just a bit easier. Another great feature is the GentleRise ramp feature. This allows you to fall asleep with lower pressure while it gently climbs to your therapy setting. The Transcend Micro also has Bluetooth connectivity that will connect to your smartphone via the MySleepDash app.
Transcend Micro Pros and Cons:The Transcend Micro is a great Travel CPAP option. It is small, lightweight and very easy to pack away for your next trip. Your tubing will take up more space than your CPAP. It has some limitation like any other. So, let’s break down the details.
Transcend Micro Pros:
- Incredibly Small- At the time of this writing the Transcend Micro is the smallest Travel CPAP Available. It is about the size and shape of a baseball.
- Very Simple– There are 4 buttons on the Transcend Micro, and more than likely you will only use one. No complicated screens or menus to deal with.
- Bluetooth connectivity– The Micro has blueooth built in that will connect your data to your smartphone. A great feature for those looking to track results.
- Universal Mask Connection– You can use any CPAP mask on the market on the Micro. No need to make wholesale changes for your new Travel CPAP. Just hook it up to your current mask.
Transcend Micro Cons:
- No Heated Humidification– Similar to other Travel CPAPs, the Transcend Micro does not have a heated humidifier. Instead, it can only be used with an HME (Heat Moisture Exchanger) for humidification.
- A little louder than other options– It is a little louder than some of other Travel CPAP options, but not by much. Additionally, it has the whispersoft muffler which helps to further reduce noise.
- Specific Tubing– The Micro Travel CPAP must be used with the Specific AirFlex Micro tubing. It has a very unique connection that only works with the tubing that come with it. Luckily, the mask side of the tubing is universal.
- External DC converter– I know that you can’t have your cake and eat it too…..but. The Micros DC converter cord does add some extra size. Additionally, on the Transcend 3 Travel CPAP the converter had built-in adapters for worldwide travel. The micro has only the general AC adapter included.
Setting up your Transcend Micro Travel CPAPSetup of the Transcend Micro is super simple and very similar to other CPAPs. The unit should come preset to your specific prescription by your CPAP supplier. Follow the Steps below for proper setup:
- Connect your power by inserting the rounded plug into the round hole on the bottom of your Transcend Micro.
- Insert your AirFlex tubing to the front of the Micro CPAP by lining up the arrows, inserting and twisting right to lock into place.
- Add on your CPAP mask to the universal 22mm connection at the other end of your AirFlex tubing.